In this category, innovative technology demos, novel forms of interaction, and also interactive artistic works can be submitted.
The following types of demos are possible:
- Interactive systems. These can be novel hardware solutions, interaction concepts, or interesting software solutions from a wide range of application areas. The only condition is that they must be non-commercial contributions. We also welcome the submission of demonstrators that accompany a long paper submitted in the scientific program.
- Design Artifacts. Innovative examples of digital media or interactive systems as well as interactive, multimedia, or artistic works (e.g. art installations, games).
The demo contributions will be presented in a separate demo session and are intended to encourage people to get to know each other, try them out, get inspired by them, discuss them, and generally exchange knowledge. In a preceding demo slam, presenters create audience attention for their own demo.
- Format Template
- A brief description of the system or the design/artistic work in a compact form on 2 to 4 pages plus bibliography.
- Demo video (optional, but highly recommended; max. 5 minutes, Full HD-resolution, mp4 format). If there are problems uploading the demo video (unfortunately the ConfTool only allows 150MB per file), there is the possibility to send large files directly via a download link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preview image for the overview page (Resolution: 1920 x 1080 px; Format: jpg / png)
- Submission in ConfTool at „MCI Demos: Interactive Systems or Demonstrators“
- Final Version
- Word: For submissions with Word please follow the instructions and use the template described here.
- Upload of submissions with TAPS (see here) and also via ConfTool