The Mensch und Computer 2022 took place from September 4-7, 2022 at the Technische Universität Darmstadt.
Launched in 2001, “Mensch und Computer” (MuC) is the largest human-computer interaction conference series in Europe. We were grateful to welcome nearly 600 participants from academia and industry live, in color, physically, and if you will, “for real” in Darmstadt in the year of the 50th anniversary of the Department of Computer Science at the TU Darmstadt – matching to our conference motto: “Facing Realities“.
The sponsors of the conference were the Special Interest Group on Human-Computer Interaction of the Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI e.V.) and the German UPA – the professional association of German usability and user experience professionals. The Technical University of Darmstadt and especially the Department of Computer Science was the local host of the conference.
We hope you remember it as fondly as we do….
- ~600 participants from science and industry
- 1 Program
- 3 Keynotes
- 3 Proceedings
- Conference proceedings for long, short papers and demos
- Workshop proceedings for workshop papers
- UP proceedings for practical contributions
- 28 Long papers (84 submissions, acceptance rate 33%)
- 46 Short papers/posters (97 submissions, acceptance rate: 47%)
- 16 Demos (21 submissions, acceptance rate: 76%)
- 26 Workshops (14 MCI workshops (with more than 50 accepted submissions) and 12 UP workshops
- 10 tutorials (3 MCI tutorials, 7 UP tutorials)
- 1 Doctoral student colloquium
- 6 contributions to the Student Research Competition
- 9 Barcamp sessions
- 5 Working group sessions
- 1 Diversity Panel
- 9 Awards
- 3 Evening sessions
- 7 Interactive coffee and 3 lunch breaks
- Countless impressions (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
We would like to thank all participants, authors, reviewers, associate chairs, workshop organizers, speakers, sponsors, and especially the MuC’22 team and the many student volunteers! MuC’22 was only made possible by the terrific cooperation of all members of the organizing and program committee. Thanks to this extraordinary commitment it was possible to experience a fantastic conference!
Max Mühlhäuser & Christian Reuter, General Chairs
Thomas Kosch & Andrii Matviienko, Coordination Chairs
Bastian Pfleging, Technical Program Chair
twitter_name=mucConf tweets_count=2 cover_photo=yes