The Student Research Competition (SRC) is a forum for undergraduate and graduate students. In particular, we want to give undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to share their research ideas and results at MuC in a special forum that provides explicit visibility for their work. Thus, giving students the opportunity to meet with and interact with conference attendees to share ideas, gain new insights, and an opportunity to sharpen their communication skills.
A submission to the Student Research Competition should describe recently completed or ongoing student research in any of the topic areas covered by MuC. Work submitted to the SRC must be authored and conducted by students, though may be advised through faculty members. Submissions should be original work that is neither in submission elsewhere nor already published in another conference or journal. Abstracts should describe:
- The research problem and motivation for the work
- Background and related work
- Novelty of the research
- Research approach
- Contributions to the field of HCI
- Submit an abstract of your work via ConfTool of max 4 pages (excl. references) using the following format:
- Word (as a two-column document)
- Submit a proof of student status (student id, note of academic supervisor)
At the conference:
Present your work EITHER as a working demo or via a poster. Instructions will be sent to authors upon acceptance.